MESON Investor Relations
This page provides background information about MESON for existing investors and other interested parties. This page does not constitute an offer to sell, a solicitation of an offer to buy or a recommendation to purchase any security. All recipients should conduct their own investigations and analyses and consult their own advisors as to legal, business, tax, and other potential issues before making any decision regarding any investments.
A Global Problem
The MESON Technology has been designed to reduce consumer waste from food and beverage packaging. Consumer packaging is a major environmental issue:
- Consumers buy about 1 billion plastic bottles per minute in total. Only about 23% of plastic bottles are recycled within the U.S.
- Single-use plastics frequently do not make it to a landfill or are recycled. A full 32% of the 78 million tons of plastic packaging produced annually is left to flow into our oceans; the equivalent of pouring one garbage truck of plastic into the ocean every minute
- Americans alone throw away 25 billion polystyrene foam (Styrofoam) coffee cups every year. Styrofoam cannot be completely recycled. Most of the Styrofoam disposed of today will still be present in landfills 500 years from now
New recyclable options are needed that overcome confusion about the recyclability of coated paper cups, the need to separate lids and cups for recycling, and the need for commercial-grade composting for compostable packaging.
Consumers want sustainable solutions but are reluctant to change underlying buying behaviors:
- According to Nielsen, 66% of consumers consider sustainability an important part of their purchasing decisions
- Despite offering a discount to consumers who bring their own cup, Starbucks reports globally only 1.4% of consumers use a reusable cup
Common reasons cited by consumers for not using reusable cups include:
- Initial cost of acquiring the cup
- Dishwasher compatibility
- Inconvenience of carrying a heavy reusable cup
- Forgetting the reusable cup
- Non-standard sizes for traditional thermos-style cups
To achieve mass consumer adoption, consumers need alternative solutions for reusable packaging that increases sustainability without inconveniencing personal preferences.
The MESON Technology
The MESON Technology is a unique container forming process that creates a reusable double-walled container out of a single piece of thermoplastic material. Benefits of the technology include:
- Post-consumer recycled content
- Retail price points comparable to disposable options
- Lower material usage than comparable dual-walled cups
- Eliminates the need for sleeves to insulate hot beverages
- Eliminates condensation on external surfaces
- Insulates consumables from external temperatures
- Eliminates the need for Styrofoam
- Microwavable and dishwasher safe designs
- Recyclable with potential for compostable
MESON cups and containers combine recyclability, reusability and convenience.
The MESON Business
The MESON business has a number of investors and strategic advisors with backgrounds in consumer packaging, food service, finance and investments.
We keep investors updated through regular investor meetings and reports.
We see our investors as strategic partners in bringing the MESON vision to life.
If you are interested in learning more about the MESON Technology and business please contact us.